This is a pirate site trying to justify itself. There is no such thing as
"collector to collector" sales, it is a bootleg
As for this film specifically because of the GATT treaty basically nothing
made in France or other European countries as well as many others is PD
unless in the very,very rare instance it fell PD in its own country and as
France has the most stringent copyright laws in the world in my view ( A
TRIP TO THE MOON only became PD there about 7 years ago) it is virtually
impossible for this film to be PD.

Any site selling European films and claiming they are PD is lying as they
are lying about "collector to collector" sales.
Not like rights holders are going to be checking out pirate sites and
providing them with "proof of ownership" when they know full well they are
illegal.

There is a reason you can only find some "rare" films on sites like this
and it because they are not legal

Jessica

--
Jessica Rosner