Hi All,

Do any of my academic library colleagues have licenses from the Motion Picture Licensing Corporation? If so, what is its utility in that setting? I recently learned that my institution has been purchasing what I think is an annual license from them, and my impression is that it's unnecessary (it implies that PPR are needed for on-site viewing carrel use). Their website <http://library.mplc.org/about-2/whats-covered/> seems to indicate that they work with public libraries only to provide rights for public film screenings. Just curious if anyone else is using this company in an academic library realm.

Thank you,

--

Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Associate Librarian