Hello (again),

We are revisiting our circulation policies on DVD/VHS, as it has been MANY
years since they have been updated.  We are part of a consortium, OhioLINK, and
we have chosen not to circulate our collection.

Other libraries in state have made other choices and many do circulate.  I
think there was/still is a time when some distributors did not want their films
loaned via OhioLINK, although I am not completely sure of the reasoning.

My goal is to try and find a way to help circulation/acquisitions/cataloging
deal with this in the most efficient way.  Perhaps there is a distributor that
does not want us to loan state wide, somehow we have to deal with that in the
cat record.  Perhaps we make a blanket rule that all PPR does not circulate.
Not sure how distributors feel about this as well.

I know some of you are in consortiums and I am curious how you deal with
loaning video.  Or even if you are not!

Thanks for your help, as always,
lorraine

lorraine wochna
African American Studies, English Lit, Performing Arts Librarian
Alden Library, 2nd floor
Ohio University
Athens OH  45701
W 740-597-1238