Thanks Cathy. Great to have a scholarly work specifically on the topic instead
of us speculating. Hopefully I'm not violating any copyrights by copying an
excerpt but if you don't want to read all 22 pages the conclusion is (Page 235):

In the case of a streaming Netflix video, the copy is made in the classroom by
the educator as the Netflix  account holder in the context of public
utilization of the streaming account for the benefit of students and the
institutioin. Since any copy, even an ephemeral one, made other than for
"personal use" is outside the grant of rights under the Terms of Use. The user
may be violating both copyright and applicable contract law by creating the
classroom copy, which would therefore not be "lawfully made." As the classroom
exception in 110(a) requires the use of a lawfully made copy, the exception
would be inapplicable, and absent another exception or defense, the instructor
would be violating the Copyright Act by showing the Netflix-streamed video in
class.

Bob