I think it's relevant that the license states that it's okay to screen the
film in a location such as a "hotel room, dorm room, office, or airport
waiting lounge" provided that the screening "is limited to a private
viewing for you and your invitees" (note that the license says "invitees,"
not "friends'). It seems probable to me that the intent is simply to
restrict the number of people who are able to see the film to the licensee
and people chosen to see it by the licensee (as opposed to the general
"public"), and that if this condition is met, the location of the screening
isn't important.

I don't think there's any question that according to this license, the
professor could invite a group of students to their office to watch the
film. Continuing along this path, I submit the following:

1. There's no functional difference between the professor inviting the
students to their office to watch the film and inviting them to their
regular classroom, provided only the invited students are able to see the
film (i.e. the door is closed, and people who aren't in the class aren't
admitted).
2. There's no logical reason why the screening described in (1) couldn't
take place during the class's regularly-schedule meeting time.
3. Assuming the screenings described above in (1) and (2) are allowable, it
would be silly to require the professor to jump through the hoop of
actually issuing "invitations" to their students, provided, again, that
just the students in the class are able to see the film.

In all of these cases, the same number of people see the film is identical.
This is why it seems to me that a classroom screening is more similar
to a "private
viewing for you and your invitees" than a "public presentation."

Andy