To: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 1:19 PM
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Chitarra atiorbata/Guitarre theorbee

Yes, I had looked at the MS.
The point with battuto or pizzicato is about the volume of the tone of the guitar. I suppose that the GTh was not much used for strumming (if for anything), as appears from Granata 1659 and Gallot, and the basses would have to balance with the (probably modest) sound level of the plucked trebles.
Lex

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Hall" <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>