To: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 3:28 PM
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Chitarra atiorbata/Guitarre theorbee

Depends on who were the Old Ones.
Adding strings to the guitar to make it more complete was done in all
ages. Carulli used a decacorde, nowadays there is a Brahms-guitar.
Probably a matter of compensation.
The tessitura of he fingerboard plucked strings could range to a low
bourdon A.
Lex

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martyn Hodgson" <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>