Eugene C. Braig IV wrote:
Craddock's recording is now super-hard to find.  I would love to have a
copy, but can't seem to track one down at a reasonable price.

Also look into:

Lonardi, Massimo. 2006. Comiença la Musica para Guitarra. Stradivarius.

Massimo plays very well indeed but for many of the little dances he adds a sort of intro/outro (and sometimes interlude) vamp. Listeners who didn't know the originals might have thought these (modern-sounding, folksy) vamps were in the original tablatures . I can see that he's trying to frame them and make them special but I've often thought of actually taking the trouble to edit them out.

Stuart

Marincola, Federico. 1994. Pieces pour Luth/Pieces pour Guitare. Disques
Pierre Verany.

Smith, Hopkinson. 1992. Alonso Mudarra: Tres Libros de Musica en Cifras Para
Vihuela. Auvidis/Astrée.

The former is all 4-course guitar and quite nice to my ears.  The latter two
features mostly lute or vihuela, but include a fair number of tasty guitar
solos and are also quite nice.  ...Not to mention Jocelyn's fine recent
effort: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/nelsonbartram.  Even Anthony Rooley
indulged in a little 4-course guitar on Renaissance Fantasias, but only a
little.

Best,
Eugene