On 5/12/06, Eric Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I was wondering if anybody has thought about having an unsupported
version of Vim which has various enhancements and patches that aren't
yet approved for the official version of Vim?

What if you upload your patch to www.vim.org/script site ?

I asked once to add the 'patch' submission type to
the dropdown menu of script types. Even though it was
not added, I think it's reasonable to upload patched there,
say under 'utility' category.

I think this increases visibility of the patch, and it makes
easy  for people to locate updated version of the patch.
To my estimate, much more people browse
www.vim.org/scripts that are subscribed to vim mailing list.

Yakov