Ciaran McCreesh wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:52:07 +0200
> Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I don't like this solution.  Opening some files would be OK in the
> > sandbox, e.g., for reading.  readfile() would be OK in the sandbox,
> > right?
>
> Probably not. In a multi-user environment it can be used as a
> privilege escalation by inserting the contents of a non-world-readable
> file into a world-readable file when the latter is edited by a user
> with elevated privileges.

In the sandbox you can't insert text into a file or buffer.  Anything
that requires saving text for undo is blocked.

You can also get the text from an already opened file with getbufline().
It's difficult to draw a line, but I think blocking everything that
writes is good enough.

--
`The Guide says there is an art to flying,' said Ford, `or at least a
knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground