Thanks for the response John.  I'm unfortunately short on ideas.  Being able
to edit the tips is a definite plus and being able to categorize them so you
can easily see related tips is also great.   If two or three new tips or
even just random tips could show up on the home page, that might suffice.
But I think its important to recognize that a lot of people won't navigate
past the home page so it's important to keep that uncluttered and
appealing.  I too hope the people that read and contributed to the Vim Tips
site move over to the wiki as well.

Don