Benjamin Fritz wrote:
> Secondly, I like the idea in general. We pretty much do it
> anyway, with our templated welcome text.

Hmmm. I'll look at putting the text of {{subst:welc}} on the new auto
welcome. We may as well run with it for a while, but it will cause
trouble. I'm sure you've noticed a new registered user who created a tip
with a long copyright/disclaimer. That user got a gushing auto welcome
signed by me. However, I would have done a manual welcome with a hint
that there was going to be a need to sort out the issue, because as far
as I'm concerned, I don't want a new tip with ANY copyright/disclaimer.
I don't even want an author line, although if a script is truly
remarkable I'll wear it. We have many excellent scripts with no need for
an author or copyright.

Yes, the new "add category" button is another problem and I would like a
way to turn it off for the whole wiki. However, I already do a bunch of
manual editing on each accepted new tip, so fiddling with dumb
categories is not a big deal. We'll see if people adding categories to
existing tips is a problem.

John