Felipe G. Nievinski wrote:
>> I was wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to have the vim-latex
>> suite incorporating that?

We'd have to take into account portability, too. I don't know if all
versions of latex support -file-line-error.

Ted Pavlic wrote:
> Personally, I think it definitely would be a good idea.

+1. Maybe we should all donate some money to children in Uganda and ask
for a fix of in vim, though..

> What we should do is get the source repository active again and get
> people submitting to it.  Incrementally, we'd collect all of the nice
> improvements made over the years.

I think I'd like to be part of that. I think there are already some
debian patches that are not in upstream. The problem is that I know next
to nothing about vim-scripting, but I am willing to learn.

> Unfortunately, there's just enough starting friction to keep momentum
> from building up. :(

Engineers talk... ;-)

Additionally, I'd like to tell everybody here that Ted made some more changes to
his vimlatex script, and I wrote a python version, see:

http://phaseportrait.blogspot.com/2008/03/fixing-vim-latex-compiler-error.html

Happy vimming

Martin