On Wed May 28 2008, Martin Sander wrote:

> Ted Pavlic wrote:

> > What we should do is get the source repository active again and get
> > people submitting to it.  Incrementally, we'd collect all of the nice
> > improvements made over the years.
>
> I think I'd like to be part of that. I think there are already some
> debian patches that are not in upstream. The problem is that I know next
> to nothing about vim-scripting, but I am willing to learn.

I am in, too. Actually I already got commit access, but I do know only a
little more than you about vim-scripting. I also noticed that there are
already some changes in the svn repository, that were not in the latest
released tarball. The first debian patch is also already merged in a modified
way btw. My plan is to merge all patches that I find and then go through the
debian bug reports and see what I can do. Maybe you can also try to
understand one debian patch, i.e. understand which problem it should solve
and see whether it works, and then I will commit it so svn.

Here is a list of the debian patches:

- changelog.dpatch
The changelog needs only to be generated for the next release, therefore this
can be checked later, imho.

- disabledby.dpatch
The patch seems to make it possible to disable vim-latex somehow without
uninstalling it. This seems to be a debian specific patch to me, but it is
not. But there should be a more elegant solution to this problem I guess.

- fname_outline.dpatch
This is a python patch with a little bug description. It should be easily
possible to understand what the problem is if one know what outline.py is
used for.

- foldingfix.dpatch
This is merged.

- insertitem.dpatch
This is very simple but I do not understand the problem it solves.

Regards,
Till