Hi All,

I'm very new to this package but eager to get comfortable with it. I haven't
figured out how to set up the configuration files
so that I can run customized compiling/viewing command when I issue "\ll". I
read through the on-line manual and tried to
put the following lines into the "~/.vim/ftplugin/tex.vim" file (it's a
ubuntu machine).

I hope to get pdf files via "dvi -> ps -> pdf."

" this is mostly a matter of taste. but LaTeX looks good with just a bit
" of indentation.
 set sw=2
" " TIP: if you write your \label's as \label{fig:something}, then if you
" " type in \ref{fig: and press <C-n> you will automatically cycle through
" " all the figure labels. Very useful!
set iskeyword+=:

" customized compiling settings
let g:Tex_MultipleCompileFormats = 'dvi,ps,pdf'
let g:Tex_FormatDependency_pdf = 'dvi,ps,pdf'
let g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'

" compiling rules
let g:Tex_CompileRule_dvi = 'latex --interaction=nonstopmode $*'
let g:Tex_CompileRule_ps = 'dvips -Ppdf -o $*.ps $*.dvi'
let g:Tex_CompileRule_pdf = 'ps2pdf $*.ps $*.pdf'

" other settings
let g:Tex_IgnoreLevel = 7

I also changed the following line in ~/.vim/ftplugin/latex-suite/texrc:

if has('macunix')
    TexLet g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'

originally it's dvi instead of pdf.

When I issue "\ll" in VIM, what i got is only dvi output. What else should I
change? I read through the manual several times but still
didn't find a clue. Please advise.

I appreciate your help!

Sincerely,
Jin Chen