Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your further advices.
I tried you suggestions but still no luck. Here is the related part of my
latest .vimrc:

" for VIM-latex-suite usage
let g:Tex_MultipleCompileFormats = 'dvi,ps'
let g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat='pdf'
let g:Tex_FormatDependency_ps='dvi,ps'
let g:Tex_FormatDependency_pdf='dvi,ps,pdf'
let g:Tex_CompileRule_dvi='latex --interaction=nonstopmode $*'
let g:Tex_CompileRule_ps='dvips -o $*.ps $*.dvi'
let g:Tex_CompileRule_pdf='ps2pdf $*.ps'
let g:Tex_ViewRule_pdf='acroread'

Then below are the related parts of my texrc:

if has('macunix')
    TexLet g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'
else
    TexLet g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'
endif
" Compiler rules {{{
" This is the first thing you should customize. It is set up for most common
" values, but if use some other compiler, then you will want to change this.
" As CompileFlags value you'd perhaps like to use, e.g., '-src-specials',
" but it is known that it can sometimes give different results in the
output,
" so use it with care. The '-file-line-error' flag helps sanitize LaTeX
error
" messages for processing by Vim.
TexLet g:Tex_CompileRule_dvi = 'latex -interaction=nonstopmode $*'
TexLet g:Tex_CompileRule_ps = 'dvips -Ppdf -o $*.ps $*.dvi'
TexLet g:Tex_CompileRule_pdf = 'ps2pdf $*.ps'
TexLet g:Tex_EscapeChars = '{}\'

" ways to generate pdf files. there are soo many...
" NOTE: pdflatex generates the same output as latex. therefore quickfix is
"       possible.
" TexLet g:Tex_CompileRule_pdf = 'pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode $*'

" TexLet g:Tex_CompileRule_pdf = 'dvipdfm $*.dvi'
" TexLet g:Tex_CompileRule_pdf = 'dvipdf $*.dvi'

TexLet g:Tex_CompileRule_html = 'latex2html $*.tex'

TexLet g:Tex_CompileRule_bib = g:Tex_BibtexFlavor . ' $*'

" Set Tex_UseMakefile to 0 if you want to ignore the presence of a Makefile
" when deciding how to compile
TexLet g:Tex_UseMakefile = 1

" }}}

In case you wonder my tex.vim:

" this is mostly a matter of taste. but LaTeX looks good with just a bit
" of indentation.
 set sw=2
" " TIP: if you write your \label's as \label{fig:something}, then if you
" " type in \ref{fig: and press <C-n> you will automatically cycle through
" " all the figure labels. Very useful!
set iskeyword+=:

Could you please check if I missed anything here? I appreciate your help!

Sincerely,
Jin Chen

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Dennis Grimminck <l.grimmi...@science.ru.nl