Hi Bill,

On 11/26/06, Bill McCarthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun 26-Nov-06 8:55pm -0600, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

> On 11/24/06, Bill McCarthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> From calendar.vim (which is in my AsNeeded directory):
                      ---------------------------------

    <snip>

> When I placed the above mappings in the .vimrc file, the mappings
> for \cal and \caL are removed and the new mappings \cv and \ch
> open the calendar window.

Only If I move calendar.vim from AsNeeded/ to plugin/ can I
duplicate those results.  As my question begins, the plugin
is in AsNeeded/.  I am trying to figure out how to eliminate
the duplication with the plugin in AsNeeded/.

Are \cal and \caL not defined when the plugin is in
AsNeeded?

Yes. The plugins under the AsNeeded (and autoload) directory
are sourced only when an undefined function or a command is
invoked. If you invoke the ":Calendar" command, then your
maps should start to work.

- Yegappan

(If you move it there, don't forget to do a
MkAsNeeded and, if you are not using the latest version of
AsNeeded, source plugin/ANtags.vim.)

BTW, I split plugin/calendar.vim into:

    plugin/calendarPlugin.vim
    autoload/calendar.vim

This give a nice small footprint for the plugin and thus
obviates the need for placing the original in AsNeeded.

Bill