On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 13:26 -0500, fREW wrote:
> Isn't a vimball just another archive?  It seems, according to the
> vimball help file that it's just a bunch of inert files.  It doesn't
> really run anything...  Maybe I am wrong, though.

When you use :source filename, Vim executes the code in filename.
Vimscript (and thereby, a vimball) can do anything to the machine your
user permissions allow you to do.

Not that I expect anything evil from this community, just the
opposite. But I think the concept is broken and is much less obvious
than a simple .tar.gz. (Especially on Windows, and ESPECIALLY with an
extension like ".vba"!)

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]