On Wed 4-Jun-08 3:42pm -0600, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Anyway, here is a patch to accept plain floating point numbers.  Goes on
> top of the previous floating point patch.  Give it a try and find out if
> any of your scripts break.

My eval.c is the current release patched by both your latest
and John Beckett's fix.  You new patch fails with:

vim\vimfp> patch -b -p 0 -i Brams-may_not_work_with_jb.diff
patching file src/eval.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 4799.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/eval.c.rej

I'm not great at reading patch files, but my eval.c does
contain:

    case '7':
    case '8':
    case '9':
                vim_str2nr(*arg, NULL, &len, TRUE, TRUE, &n, NULL);
                *arg += len;
                if (evaluate)
                {
                    rettv->v_type = VAR_NUMBER;
                    rettv->vval.v_number = n;
                }
                break;

    /*
     * String constant: "string".

So it looks like - to me - that you patch should patch.

Bill