On Thu 5-Jun-08 7:35am -0600, John Beckett wrote:
> Bill McCarthy wrote:

>> My eval.c is the current release patched by both your latest
>> and John Beckett's fix.  You new patch fails with:
>>
>> vim\vimfp> patch -b -p 0 -i Brams-may_not_work_with_jb.diff
>> patching file src/eval.c Hunk #1 FAILED at 4799.
>> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/eval.c.rej

> I can't reproduce this error. Any chance that you're
> using a version of 'patch' that
> fails if the patch includes CR characters, and you have CR??
> I then applied Bram's float patch issued 2008-06-05. There was one "Hunk...
> succeeded at..." warnings.

Thanks, John.  You were close.  I had the proper
'fileformat' settings.  However I foolishly copy and pasted
the patch instead of using my mail macro to dump the mail
into Gvim (using Unix mailbox format).  When I did a vimdiff
of the two patches I could clearly see that the tabs were
spaces in last night's patch which had failed.  With the
proper patch:

    vim\vimfp> patch -b -p 0 -i Bram-dec_point_experiment.diff
    patching file src/eval.c

I made both Vim and Gvim - thanks for verifying that it
worked!

Bram, this patch is very nice.  Hopefully is will not break
others' code.

Bill