Bill McCarthy wrote:
> My eval.c is the current release patched by both your latest
> and John Beckett's fix.  You new patch fails with:
>
> vim\vimfp> patch -b -p 0 -i Brams-may_not_work_with_jb.diff
> patching file src/eval.c Hunk #1 FAILED at 4799.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/eval.c.rej

I can't reproduce this error. Any chance that you're using a version of 'patch'
that
fails if the patch includes CR characters, and you have CR??

There does appear to be one minor glitch in patch 307, namely that it includes
"FEAT_FLOAT". However, it doesn't do any harm. Here is a blow-by-blow summary of
some tests I just did.

I took a clean (no patches) copy of Vim 7.1 source, then applied patches 1 to
311
(no float patches).

Everything applied cleanly, although there was one trivial warning:
    patching file src/config.h.in
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 155 (offset -1 lines).

I then applied Bram's float patch issued 2008-04-13. There were lots of "Hunk...
succeeded at..." warnings, and one error:
    patching file src/if_python.c
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1130.

Manual inspection showed that if_python.c already had the patch that the float
patch
was trying to apply, so the FAILED message can be ignored. This is due to patch
307
(applying to src/if_python.c) already including some float code.

I then applied my float patch issued 2008-04-16. There were four "Hunk...
succeeded
at..." warnings.

I then applied Bram's float patch issued 2008-06-05. There was one "Hunk...
succeeded at..." warnings.

I also tried (on another copy of the source), reversing the last two steps.
Exactly
the same results (and identical source produced).

I haven't had a chance to compile yet. A very quick look at the source suggests
that
there should be no conflict between my patch and any of Bram's, so I don't know
why
you got the failure.

John