On 10/02/09 03:28, Matt Wozniski wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Andy Wokula wrote:
>> Here is another way to get the option names, it's basically
>>     :set<C-A>
>
> <snip>
>
>> " The output is almost sorted and includes "all" and "termcap" as the
>> " first two entries.
>
> Wow.  That is quite clever, I definitely wouldn't have thought of
> that.  Nicely done.  For the termcap options, you'd also want to do a
>
> :set t_<C-a>
>
> for getting each of the termcap options... Though I don't see any easy
> way to use this to get the :set-termcap stuff...  Ie,
>
> :set<M-x>=foo
>
> Any ideas on that one?  I don't have time to play with it ATM, but I'm
> definitely curious about it.  :-)
>
> ~Matt

":set <^A" (without the quotes, and where ^A means "press Ctrl-A) gives
termcap options (shown as <t_xx>) and also conventional <> names: after
<t_ku> (in Console mode) or <t_ZR> (in GUI mode) I see <Space> <Tab>
<Tab> <NL> etc. until <Drop> <Nul> <SNR> <Plug>. They don't appear
alphabetically, and I've no idea why <Tab> is shown twice.

<M-x> normally means x + 0x80 (which, in Latin1, means ΓΈ) or, sometimes,
<Esc>x. You can ":set" it but if you haven't you can't interrogate it:
":set <M-x>?" returns error E518 unless you've explicitly set it to
something. I don't expect such a ":set" statement to have any useful
effect for meta+printable keys anyway. For "standard" <> keys such as
<F5>, <Home>, etc., the <S- >, <C- >, <M- >, etc., compounds are not
listed but I suppose you can deduce them from the names that are.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Bell Labs Unix -- Reach out and grep someone.