On Apr 2, 2:25 am, "George V. Reilly" <geo...@reilly.org> wrote:

> I think the assumption that the entire canvas is a grid of same-sized
> character cells is baked deep into Vim. (I'm using "window" in the Vim
> sense, as in :split.)

Maybe it would be possible to have guifont local to a tab? There
aren't currently any tab-local options, but maybe there should be :-)

This might not be possible, because I notice that the GUI window (as
opposed to the Vim window) changes sizes when you change the guifont
option.

But, I know tabs need some sort of independence, because you can have
a separate diff in each tab, for example.

One of these days I need to start hacking the C code so I know what
I'm talking about in situations like these...