Pankaj Garg wrote:

> On May 4, 10:50 pm, Dominique Pellé <dominique.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > _Lone wrote:

> > > Hi Dominique,
> >
> > > Could you please try cursor column without the patch and see what that
> > > does? I implemented the margincolumn to behave similar to cursorcolumn
> > > so I think they both would behave the same. But still it would be good
> > > to check without margincolumn patch to make sure there is no
> > > regression.
> >
> > > I am not sure how to handle multi-byte characters. My experience is
> > > limited with that. Anyone has any suggestions?
> >
> > > Thanks
> > > _Lone
> >
> > Confirmed: Pristine Vim-7.2.166 has the same odd behavior
> > when doing ":set cuc" with characters using 2 display cells
> > (utf-8 on Linux with xterm as well as with gvim (GTK2).
> >
> > So this behavior is not introduced by the margincolumn patch.
> >
> > See this screenshot with gvim-7.2.166 GTK2:
> >
> > http://dominique.pelle.free.fr/pic/gvim-cuc.png
> >
> > cursorcolumn is supposed to be highlighted in grey.
> > The cuc is not highlighted in some lines.  The red square
> > at the top is the location of the cursor.
> >
> > -- Dominique- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks for the confirmation that this is not a regression. I feel that
> multi-column character bug needs to be fixed separately and it would
> be a little tricky to fix this because of the way 'cursorcolumn'
> highlighting works.
>
> Bram - Does the 'margincolumn' patch fits the need? If there is any
> other feedback please let me know?
>
> The following are the two things that probably needs to be considered
> in future:
> 1. Highlighting of multi-column characters for both CUC and MC.
> 2. Support for margin-column to contain multiple values to highlight
> various columns.

I don't have time to look into this soon, thus use comments from others.
This is a new feature and needs a bit of trying out anyway.

The wide character problem is a separate one.  But if you can solve it
for 'cuc' as well that would be nice.

--
ROBIN:  The what?
ARTHUR: The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.  'Tis one of the sacred relics