On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> wrote:
> Would the attached plugin be helpful? It uses the SwapExists autocommand
> to create a diff buffer. Using the SwapExists autocommand works
> differently it seems, therefore the plugin uses feedkeys() extensively.

It also works differently on different platforms. I played around with
a similar plugin (SwapExists.vim) that James wrote (iirc) about 6
months ago and could not get it to work consistently on both Windows
and Linux. I didn't even try for AIX, Solaris, or the other platforms
I have access to.

I eventually gave up on getting it to work sanely, as did everyone
else on the IRC channel to my knowledge.

If this one is better, then I'd be happy to have it. Or even have
similar integrated into vim directly -- I see little point in vim
asking about recovery, etc. if it can detect that the file is
unchanged from a content perspective.

Tom