Hello Ben and John,

Excerpt from Ben Fritz:

-- <snip> --
>> The files in 'runtime' would NOT be part of the group repo, but
>> all files in each listed directory (and subdirectories) would be
>> part of the group repo.
>>
>> runtime (group)
>>   +--autoload
>>   +--colors
>>   +--compiler
>>   +--ftplugin
>>   +--indent
>>   +--keymap
>>   +--lang
>>   +--plugin
>>   +--syntax
>>
>> runtime (Bram)
>>   +--doc
>>   +--icons
>>   +--macros
>>   +--print
>>   +--spell
>>   +--tools
>>   +--tutor
>>

> I thought about this too. I think we may need a new thread to discuss
> this at some point...but of course Bram gets the final say since he's
> the one pulling changes.

I also had something like the above in mind. But i had not realized that this
also would have consequences for Brams repo. Good Point!

> What files go in the repository are in large part determined by how
> Bram wants to pull changes.
>
> At a high level, I see a few options:
>
> 1. Runtime repository is independent of the Vim repository. Bram pulls
>    changes by updating to the latest of the runtime repository and
>    manually copying files into the Vim repository. This would be most
>    similar to the current method but doesn't provide much context to
>    the runtime changes in terms of change history or how it ties to
>    specific version of the C code. On the other hand, the history is
>    "clean" as Bram is used to releasing.

If i had to do it i probably would use this workflow. It gives a lot control
about what is being changed. But you right we will need to ask Bram.

--
Regards,
Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F