Hello John,

Excerpt from John Beckett:

I am all with you here. I just want to add a note. see below.

> Here are some thoughts for a group-managed repo.
>
> It must be simple for the group managers, and for file
> maintainers, and for Bram. It must also be simple for anyone to
> report a problem or make a suggestion.
>
> It should be similar to the existing Vim repo, and Mercurial
> should be available just as for the Vim repo.
>
> It should not alienate an original maintainer who is responsive
> to requests but who might not want to participate in a utopian
> group-managed scheme.
>
> Flexibility is required. For example, Chip Campbell might
> maintain the master copy of his plugins, and change requests
> would be by email request direct to Chip, and he would send
> updates to the group (not sure how).
>
> Anyone might send a comment or update to Bram, and he could
> handle that by sending it to the group for standard processing.
>
> The Vim repo is (first URL is a 301 redirect to second):
> http://vim.googlecode.com/
> http://code.google.com/p/vim/
>
> How about setting up an independent repo (not a clone) at
> http://vim-runtime.googlecode.com/
> Code license: GNU GPL v2

runtimefiles are all (or better they all should be) licensed under Vim licences.
This is important to note.
Uniform licening in all runtimefiles and make sure they all stay at this level
is one of the todos that our team should take care of.
Their are some more "standardizations" that i would like us to work on.

--
Regards,
Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F