Hello Bram and Ben,

Excerpt from Bram Moolenaar:
-- <snip> --
>>> Including patches for runtime files doesn't take much of my time, under
>>> the condition that I can include them as-is.  Most time goes into
>>> reviewing the change and making sure it doesn't break anything.  Or
>>> omits another change that was submitted before.
>>>
>>> So, what we need is a few people who can review patches. And a
>>> procedure that is easy to use for everybody.  Especially for
>>> maintainers, so that we make their life easier and get more volunteers
>>> that know a specific language.
>>>
>>> It's possible to have a repository that has the "beta-test" version of
>>> the runtime scripts.  With a small group of committers.  Ideally these
>>> people also have some scripts to check for obvious problems, such as
>>> using line continuation without setting 'cpo'.
>>>
>>> I can then pull files from that repository once tested and add them to
>>> the release repository.  The group of committers could send me a list of
>>> files to pull weekly (or whenever something important was fixed).  Does
>>> that sound like a good solution?
>>
>> To me absolutely yes. Obviously we will need to discuss and decide some more
>> details/workflows but i think the consensus is broad enough to start
>> getting it productive.
>> Are you fine with using vim-dev as our mailinglist for all runtime related
>> questions?
>
> Yes, I don't expect too much more discussion than what we already have.

Then we have decided that we change current maintenance model of runtimefiles to
be a collaboration one and we use 'vim-dev' for future coordination.

@Ben Fritz
You seem to have some experience with repos. Would you mind to set up one for
us? (It needs to have a mercurial interface)
I would require that we gain at least 7 individuals with commit access.
This is to somewhat grant that always someone is around "who can do the job".
Anyone who is interested to volunteer for this please speak up now.

--
Regards,
Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F