Did anybody see any Perl, Lua, or TCL vim plugin lately?

> I am a regular use of Vim's Perl interface.

When I last checked, Perl still has features (DBI - database interface, in
this case) which Python just doesn't have.
Python may have created a specification for it, but if no one has
implemented it for the myriad of databases out there, it is essentially
useless.

My 2 cents.
David