John Beckett wrote:

> Vim 8 deploys $VIMRUNTIME/defaults.vim which includes an autocmd
> to "jump to the last known cursor position".
> That can generate E315.
>
> Execute the following to create two files and exit.
> At exit, the cursor is on the last line of each file.
>
> gvim -N -u NONE
> :tabe test1.tmp
> :put =range(1,90)
> :w
> :tabe test2.tmp
> :put =range(1,100)
> :xa
>
> Execute the following to generate internal error E315:
>
> gvim -N -u NONE
> :source $VIMRUNTIME/defaults.vim
> :tabe test2.tmp
> :vert diffs test1.tmp
>
> Result:
>
> "test1.tmp" 91L, 353C
> E315: ml_get: invalid lnum: 92
> Press ENTER or type command to continue

I can reproduce it.  It's caused by the function that puts the cursor in
the equivalent line in diff mode.  I don't think that autocommand is
needed, going to the last line in test2.tmp should also trigger it.

--
So when I saw the post to comp.editors, I rushed over to the FTP site to
grab it.  So I yank apart the tarball, light x candles, where x= the