Matěj Cepl wrote:
> On 2016-10-27, 11:58 GMT, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>> Ohhh, so that's what you mean. Well, here is another try: Not
>> being imitated, or not being a copycat himself, don't
>> necessarily mean that Dr. Chip is wrong, especially with Vim,
>> which prides himself about allowing the users to obtain the
>> same results by different means.
> I don't even know whether Dr. Chip was wrong when he invented
> vimballs. His crystal ball was obviously a bit murky so he
> haven’t expected git (and particularly GitHub) typhoon. Either
> because of that or for whatever other reason vimballs really are
> not that widespread as was expected when they became part of
> vim. I believe it is time to accept the reality and move on.

Well, I don't intend to spend hours re-inventing my scripts which do a
lot of housekeeping and are responsible for updating my website, and
which work with vimballs.  Nor am I about to start keeping your and
other's git repositories up-to-date.  That said, I don't mind your git
repositories, its just that I won't be using them.

Bram asked me to come up with a vim-based way years ago to handle vim
plugins; that is the provenance of vimball.  Prior to that I myself used
tar and gzip.

Regards,
Chip Campbell