On Sa, 05 Aug 2017, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Christian Brabandt wrote:
>
> > On Sa, 05 Aug 2017, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> >
> > > We can start by making CTRL-\ CTRL-N work as a prefix for one Normal
> > > mode command.
> >
> > How does it work for other modes? Use whatever makes it consistent.
>
> What do you mean?  From Normal mode you can also use ":" commands.
> Insert mode is not relevant.  You can also start Visual mode, but that
> doesn't work yet...

What I mean is when in Insert Mode and pressing CTRL-\ CTRL-N we can
enter a normal mode command. In what mode is Vim afterwards? It is back
in insert mode, isn't it? And that's why I think it should behave the
same for the terminal.

Best,
Christian
--
Vegetarier leben nicht länger, sie sehen nur älter aus.