George Reilly wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:17 AM, Christian J. Robinson <hept...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 16 Feb 2018, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> >
> > The recent (and ongoing) outage of the Vim website on SourceForge shows
> >> again that this is not a good place to host Vim.
> >>

> > [...]
> >
> > If you have positive or negative comments about moving to osdn.net, let's
> >> discuss that.
> >>

> > I think this move is the right choice even without the outage.
> > SourceForge's current owners/leadership has been engaged in behaviors that
> > are antithetical to the original mission of the service:
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SourceForge#Controversies

That was before SourceForge was taken over by another company.
Anyway, the current outage proves that the quality of service is not
good.

> Can you actually run a custom website on osdn.net? Both the Project Web
> Servers (e.g., http://peazip.osdn.jp/) and the Project Top Page/Dashboard
> (e.g., https://osdn.net/projects/peazip/) make it look like you can't.
>
> Vim.org is a PHP-based website, but is it actually using any server-side
> code? If it's static HTML, then GitHub Pages is quite satisfactory.

I've been told it should be possible to run PHP and MySQL on osdn.net.
The database access is essential in the current setup.

--
There can't be a crisis today, my schedule is already full.