Logan -

> Logan Abbott, president of SourceForge here. I am sincerely sorry
> about hosting and other services being down this week. We ran into a
> good deal of unforeseen issues with the new datacenter migration. Most
> services are restored now, and we're working on getting web hosting up
> too. I just had the team specifically focus on Vim, so vim.org is back
> up as is vim.sourceforge.io and we're currently focusing on getting
> vimdoc.sourceforge.net up as well.
>
> With our new setup, we'll also be able to give you https://www.vim.org
> very shortly on the new datacenter, if you should decide to stay with
> us, which we really hope you do.
>
> We've been improving SourceForge a lot since we took over, including
> eliminating bundled adware, instituting malware scans for every
> project, implementing https downloads and project web hosting, & more.
> We just rolled out a big redesign too and enhanced download stats for
> project admins. This planned maintenance did not go as well as we'd
> hoped, but we're confident once our new datacenter is up and running
> (very soon), our reliability will improve immensely compared to what
> we were running on beforehand, which we inherited from previous
> ownership.
>
> We plan to continue to improve significantly, so we'd love you to stay
> with us. Happy to speak with you directly as well.

Thank you for your response.  It's still completely open what we will
decide to do.

A migration always has a few unforeseen complications.  Which is why it
should always be done as a "dark launch", as far as possible.
Unfortunately, the Vim site being down for several days is not a good
display of being able to keep things running.

Now that the site is up again, I have noticed several problems.
Sometimes images don't appear, sometimes a page does not respond,
sometimes it's just slow.  Unfortunately, this again is not good for
building trust.  For example, the page
https://vim.sourceforge.io/scripts/add_script.php was not working, only
after reloading several times it showed up correctly.

I hope your site engineers are able to see in the logs what the problems
are and fix them soon.

- Bram

--
BROTHER MAYNARD: Armaments Chapter Two Verses Nine to Twenty One.
ANOTHER MONK:    And St.  Attila raised his hand grenade up on high saying "O