On Tue, Mar 6, 2018, 10:50 Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> wrote:

> Bram,
> There was a problem about pasting special terminal chars reported at
> http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2018/q1/213
>
> Initially I thought that bracketed-paste mode will prevent such things,
> but it seems this still works. Is there anything Vim can do to prevent
> such things (at least when pasting in bracketed paste mode)?

This reminded me of a similar bug I had seen reported in Debian against
rxvt-unicode ~3 years ago.  Upstream's response[0] seems fairly accurate
IMO.

[0]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=787628#15

The browser shouldn't be copying data the user can't see, rather than
making the terminal second guess what the user is pasting.

Cheers,
James