On Di, 06 Mär 2018, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> I cannot reproduce this in xterm or gnome-terminal.  Using Chrome as the
> browser.  With normal paste the Esc is inserted as a character.  When
> pasting with Shift pressed the Esc is stripped.

I tried with xterm/xfce-terminal and firefox and could reproduce. You
must select the whole text with the mouse in the browser and use
Edit->Copy to use the Primary clipboard. Then in Vim in insert mode, I
used <C-R>+ and I could see the terminal flush because of changing mode.

After quitting Vim, I could see on the terminal, that an external
command was executed.

Best,
Christian
--
Wenn zwei Menschen immer die gleichen Ansichten haben,
ist einer von ihnen überflüssig.