> Currently the :terminal command keeps the window open after the job
> exists.  The idea is that you have a chance to see the job output, you
> might want to yank it.  Closing the window automatically might mean you
> loose that text, there is no way to get it back.
>
> However, in practice I find that I mostly want the window to close as
> soon as the job finishes.  So how about changing the default behavior?
>
> Currently:
>         :terminal               requires "exit<CR>:q<CR>" to close
>         :terminal ++close       requires "exit<CR>" to close
>
> With different default:
>         :terminal               requires "exit<CR>" to close
>         :terminal ++noclose     requires "exit<CR>:q<CR>" to close
>
> Good idea or bad idea?

In case the job finished in a way different from one's expectation, he
might feel sad seeing the window closed mercilessly and regret not giving
the noclose option when he opened the terminal. But if the proposed change
comes with a way to restore (part of) the contents of the closed window,
just like g<, that would remind him that :smile is always with Vim.