On 21 March 2011 06:54, Dave Land wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2011, at 4:37 PM, i0n wrote:
>
>> <clipped>
>>
>> Vim:
>>
>> With Vim in the terminal, mappings to <A-something> <M-something> and
>> <D-something> do not work.
>
> I bet that the <D-something> commands can't work because the terminal
> emulator app or the Mac UI is capturing them. Not sure you're going to
> be able to work around that one.

The Cmd flag cannot (?) be detected in Terminal so if you want to bind
to Cmd you need to use a GUI port of Vim.

> I don't use MacVim (I use Bram Moolenaar [et al]'s Vim, sorry I can't
> help you on the latter portion of your email.

I keep seeing comments like this so I feel compelled to say that
MacVim = Vim with a GUI.  There are a few extra features like full
screen, but I've tried very hard to not make MacVim too different from
other GUI ports of Vim.

Björn