Chris,

MacVim already comes with a compiled version of vim with it and it does not use
Lion's default.  But if still want to use your new local copy of vim then
create a symbolic link to your copy in /path/to/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/.
Within terminal switch to that directory and do:

mv Vim Vim_backup

ln -s /usr/local/bin/vim Vim

Of course, I have no idea how MacVim will behave if you do this.  If you want
to revert your changes then either re-download MacVim or from the same
directory described above do:

rm Vim

mv Vim_backup Vim

Regards,