On 10 November 2011 01:37, Daniel Abad wrote:

> MacVim already comes with a compiled version of vim with it and it does not
> use Lion's default.  But if still want to use your new local copy of vim then
> create a symbolic link to your copy in /path/to/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/.
> Within terminal switch to that directory and do:
>
> mv Vim Vim_backup
>
> ln -s /usr/local/bin/vim Vim
>
> Of course, I have no idea how MacVim will behave if you do this.

Daniel, in the nicest way I can possibly think of I ask you: why would
you suggest such a thing if you admittedly do not know what it does?

I can tell you what will happen -- it will break MacVim completely.
Do not do this.

Please, everybody reading this list, never do anything this silly, nor
give such outrageous advice.  The only thing that will come of this is
I'll get really weird bug reports and unnecessarily waste time trying
to help people to get MacVim working again. :-O

Björn