This is really weird.  First and foremost I use the xoria256 color
scheme.  In my .vimrc have the scheme set to start up the xoria256
color scheme.

If I load macvim in the terminal with mvim -v the color scheme loads
up and everything is perfect.
However if I launch with just mvim the color scheme is applied but all
the keywords don't color correctly or at all.

I tried numerous color schemes like desert and elf lord and they all
do the same thing.  When launched in the terminal they behave properly
but when launched in the GUI they miss certain highlights on keywords
but not all highlights.  For instance in the terminal xoria256
highlights django templates perfectly but in the guy it misses all the
django template keywords.  (Yes I changed to filetype to htmldjango
instead of just plain html)

I am using Snapshot64 installed via homebrew.

I just don't understand why the terminal launch would be perfect but
the gui all messed up.