On 24/02/2012 13:53, blewisjr wrote:

> This is really weird.  First and foremost I use the xoria256 color
> scheme.  In my .vimrc have the scheme set to start up the xoria256
> color scheme.
>
> If I load macvim in the terminal with mvim -v the color scheme loads
> up and everything is perfect.
> However if I launch with just mvim the color scheme is applied but all
> the keywords don't color correctly or at all.
>
> I tried numerous color schemes like desert and elf lord and they all
> do the same thing.  When launched in the terminal they behave properly
> but when launched in the GUI they miss certain highlights on keywords
> but not all highlights.  For instance in the terminal xoria256
> highlights django templates perfectly but in the guy it misses all the
> django template keywords.  (Yes I changed to filetype to htmldjango
> instead of just plain html)
>
> I am using Snapshot64 installed via homebrew.
>
> I just don't understand why the terminal launch would be perfect but
> the gui all messed up.

You could try downloading the source tarball of snapshot 64 & compiling
it to rule out homebrew as one potential cause (have never used homebrew
so I don't have any experience with it).

Also try disabling all plugins & launching MacVim to see if there's a
conflict there.

& posting your vimrc & gvimrc would help fellow listees to try to debug.

It is strange. It's usually the other way 'round; colours are usually a
problem in the console not the GUI.

Cheers,

  Phil...

- --