On Aug 23, 1:36 pm, "John Beckett" <johnb.beck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Didlybom wrote:
> > I am trying to use some vim scripts that require python or
> > ruby support (such as command-t) but when I try to use them
> > on a fresh install of Vim 7.3 on windows they do not work.
>
> See 'Vim without Cream' at:http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/download
>
> If there is a further problem, state clearly what Vim you are
> using (version and source), and exactly what you do, and what
> error you see.
>
> John

Thank you John,

I am using the latest vim distribution for Windows x32, which I
installed using the v7.3 installer that I downloaded from www.vim.org.
My PC is running WindowsXP SP3 (Spanish version).

I will give your suggestion a try and let you know if that solved my
problem. Do you know if this distribution comes with python 2.6
support or with python 2.7 support? I'd like to get one that has
python2.6 support, since that is the python version that I have
installed in my PC.

I did not find any mention of this "Vim without Cream" distribution in
the official VIM web page. I find it quite surprising that the
official Vim package does not come with python and ruby support
enabled, since quite a few vim scripts rely on those nowadays. Do you
guys know if there is a particular reason why this is the case? Is it
because there is a different version of vim for each python version?

Thank you again,

Angel