On 23/08/10 15:13, Didlybom wrote:

On Aug 23, 1:36 pm, "John Beckett"<johnb.beck...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Didlybom wrote:
I am trying to use some vim scripts that require python or
ruby support (such as command-t) but when I try to use them
on a fresh install of Vim 7.3 on windows they do not work.

See 'Vim without Cream' at:http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/download

If there is a further problem, state clearly what Vim you are
using (version and source), and exactly what you do, and what
error you see.

John

Thank you John,

I am using the latest vim distribution for Windows x32, which I
installed using the v7.3 installer that I downloaded from www.vim.org.
My PC is running WindowsXP SP3 (Spanish version).

I will give your suggestion a try and let you know if that solved my
problem. Do you know if this distribution comes with python 2.6
support or with python 2.7 support? I'd like to get one that has
python2.6 support, since that is the python version that I have
installed in my PC.

I did not find any mention of this "Vim without Cream" distribution in
the official VIM web page. I find it quite surprising that the
official Vim package does not come with python and ruby support
enabled, since quite a few vim scripts rely on those nowadays. Do you
guys know if there is a particular reason why this is the case? Is it
because there is a different version of vim for each python version?

Thank you again,

Angel

Well, what concerns Python, Python 2.x and Python 3.x can be said to be "different languages", and the latest Vim 7.3 can be compiled with support for Python 2.x or 3.x or both or neither; but IIUC there are problems if you try to use both Python2 and Python3 in the same Vim.

However, as with all interpreted languages, the version you have must be the version Vim was compiled for. If you have Python 2.5 and the Vim you installed was compiled for Python 2.8, you're out of luck.

To see what the "Vim without Cream" build was compiled for, look at the release notes. The sourceforge site has been revamping its look&feel quite often recently, so I can't tell you exactly what the Notes link will look like by the time you read this; but look for either a "Notes" or "Release notes" link or a clipboard-like icon, on the right side of the page and on the same line as the download link for the latest installer.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Serocki's Stricture:
        Marriage is always a bachelor's last option.