On 8/28/2010 11:03 AM, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:
On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Reid Thompson<reid.thomp...@ateb.com>  wrote:
On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 22:53 +0200, Marc Weber wrote:
Excerpts from meino.cramer's message of Fri Aug 13 21:15:13 +0200 2010:
Hi,

for developing python scripts I want to "convert" my vim into a
a Python IDE.

google pida
google vimmate

would you happen to know what the status is for vimmate right now? The
rubyforge download page lists 0.6.6 as the last version (dated
2007-11-03), and I cant find the contact info for the author (or I
would ask him directly). I found a couple of "potential new homes" for
vimmate - but cant exactly say for sure which would be the
"authoritative" one to follow....

http://github.com/niklas/vimmate
http://code.google.com/p/vimmate/

 heh -- I just...

# sudo gem install vimmate

so the 6.6 is what I have.
Looks like pida is updated more recently.
I think they are essentially the same, both wrap gvim (or potentially other
editors) in an 'ide' wrapper.
Try both and stay w the one you like best