On 2012-04-05 22:32 +0100, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> There doesn't seem to have been much of a positive response however to
> the idea in general so taking that into account if the vim list is
> ambivalent towards it, I'm not so sure it'll pan out with anyone else.
>
> It wouldn't take an Everest type effort to typeset it to a degree (Lulu
> accept pdf files) & it should, of course, look as well set as possible.

A straight conversion to PostScript of the help files would not
be very difficult but it wouldn't be very good either.

I've written a hack that darkens the colours and replaces the
default font by something less rotten than courier (my beef is
not with the fixed spacing, it is with that particular font).

psbind -2 to print 2-up (4 pages per sheet).

To do : a form-feed per chapter, global page numbering and
everything else I'm forgetting. Maybe a page number after each
link but that would mean reflowing.

The manual is not very useful without the reference, IMO.

Subliminal message : Vim needs arbitrary tab stops.