On 10/04/2012 18:12, shawn wilson wrote:

> I think beautifying vimdoc would be a good thing (though I don't really
> dig the dead tree version). I think maybe even expanding it so that it's
> more book like (maybe with examples from the list / web) might even be a
> good thing.
>
> I think a starting point would be to decide on a document format (tex
> probably?) and a conversion process so that the book is easily updated
> with the upstream? ... and a git for this to live (someone's github
> probably).
>
> I worry about the process of design by committee though... if I have a
> pull request where I use some font, who decides if its good or not?

I have four github accounts so that's no problem. One is actually unused
with a name that is non-specific to me. If it was to be made into a
Vimdoc repo & named as such specific to say this list, it could be extra
work handling pull requests although I think that that may be a good
thing as that would help with the adding of examples & such if that idea
was decided upon & better in general for the building of the book.

I think the design by committee wouldn't be a problem. Input is good,
natural & healthy & I think Bram should be the final arbiter after all.

Putting the documents (manual & reference) into tex I think is the best
way to go & will result in a much better looking final PDF from which to
print.

Cheers,

  Phil...