I think it will bring up a dialog to confirm shutdown when pressed while
running, at least for some versions of the OS.

It does nothing when the computer is off.

in macs with soft start power supplies it starts the computer up.

Clark Martin
A designated driver on the information Super Highway

> On Mar 11, 2018, at 5:49 PM, Gabe <gabetall...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The Macintosh SE keyboard has a power button on it. Does this button have any
> functionality, it doesn't seem to do anything when pressed (whether or not
> the system is on or off.)

-----

---
"Vintage Macs" group.