On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Peter Perez wrote:

> I'm having some problems with my stock fuel pump and
> am considering yanking it for a Facet pump I have
> laying around the shop. Last time I ran it was on a
> pair of IDAs without a regulator. I'm pretty sure I
> need to regulate the flow to the 30pict, just not sure
> how much. 2lbs? 3lbs? Anyone? Thanks.
> -pete

Failing a specific answer, you could always install an adjustable
regulator and pressure gauge and start with 2.5 PSI and fiddle with it
from there.  If it floods, drop the pressure; if it starves on a good high
speed freeway run, raise it up.  I had to do this with the Webers on my
sand rail even though I knew the optimal pressure, I think it was flooding
a bit so I dialed it down a scosh and all was well.  That, and new needles
and seats :)

Dennis Wahlgren
El Cajon, CA

The VW Boneyard