Mike,

Toothpaste!  Gently!  or some of the stuff they sell call "scratch out".

Just repolish it afterwards.  Toothpaste work pretty well for all sorts of
gentle polishing.

Cheers, dave

Enough sunlight reaches the Earth *every* hour to meet the world's
energy demand for an entire year.....so, what do we do with it?